Friday, October 2, 2009

Où est la Bibliothèque?

I found the library!!! In case you can't tell, I'm thrilled. I love libraries. Also, now I have a place to access the Internet that's a little more peaceful than the teachers' room at school. The library here has a really impressive collection of CDs and films, which I'm also very excited about. The book selection (and graphic novels-- great for learners! France youth culture seems to be going through a major Japanophilic phase right now) will help give me a lot of much-needed practice. The building is really nice and new and cozy, and will be a great place to get away from the lyceé when things get crazy. And the people here are even nice! It's supposed to only be free for students (16 EUR subscription otherwise!) but they looked at my age and the fact that I live at a high school and gave it to me free anyhow. Thanks, very kind and grandmotherly quimpéroise librarian!

10 comments:

  1. Ah Josh and that baby face. I bet you could talk a dog off a bone.
    Nice blog, I will continue to follow your adventures. Keep writing, it is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I comment on your blog, but maybe I'm just being a secret keeper. I'm glad you found the library!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The library in Altkirch is open maybe ten hours a week. Luckily, the school's library has a selection of English books! Mostly Penguin Popular Classics, but still

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah. My library has two kinds of English books: romance novels and murder mysteries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All trade paperbacks, I might add.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emk: I'm glad you're not being a secret keeper. Seafood eaters are so much better for blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. eh, josh tu me manques! Quel est ton adresse alors je peux t'envoyer une lettre? Et ne sens pas comme un idiot, tu es fabuleux. Bisoux!
    -Becca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Josh! So I just loaded my Google reader for my "monthly" clean out - and caught up on your adventures! It sounds like you're having a great time, and I particularly love this entry because it starts with such a quintessential question posed in beginning french classes and french language learning tapes. Too wonderful. I also appreciate your using french words to replace english ones - when writing notes, I still use the word contre even though I haven't taken french in years!
    We miss you in class - we've got two new people which makes things interesting. I'll be moving out to Montana in January so I won't be able to take level 5 with the gang, but alas, my destiny calls! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need another update! I saw our eck/looking good friend from English class this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the word quimpéroise is really fun to say

    ReplyDelete